Before1 Proceeding to Mata Vaishnodevi Trip, you should know the basic information which will be helpful to you for planning your trip to Vaishno Devi.
- Jammu is the nearest Airport and Railway station for reaching Vaishno Devi.
- Jammu is 50 KM from Katra town and it takes around 2 hoours to reach Katra which is the base station from which Mata Vaishnodevi yatra starts.
- You can get Taxi, buses from Railway station Jammu for Katra. Only Taxi is available from Airport Jammu.
- There are lot of Hotels available at Katra and availability of accomodation on Yatra route is limited. It is advised to have lodging facility at Katra.
- You have to register yourself at Katra before proceeding for Yatra. After Registration you will get Yatra slip or yatra parchi which you have to carry along with you for your Yatra. Registration counter is at Bus stand Katra. Registration facility is also available online at Mata vaishnodevi shrine board website and one can book 30 days in advance.
- Distance between Banganga (Starting point of yatra from Katra) and Mata Bhawan is approx. 12 hours. Most of the people prefer to complete the Yatra on foot. Otherwise Ponies and Palkis are also available on fixed rates at Banganga. Helicopter Service between Katra and Sanjichat helipad is also available, but it is to be booked online at Mata vaishnodevi shrine board website. Sanjichat Helipad is 2.5 Kms from Bhawan.
- On the way food,tea-coffee, drinking water, toilets, medical facility are available in plenty.
- Important points on the way are Adhkuwari 6 kms, Sanjichat 9 Kms. At these two points accomodation, toilet and eating facilities are made available by Shrine board. Most of the people also visit Garab Joon temple at Adhkuwari.
- Battery operated cars are also available at nominal rates at Adhkuwari which is half way between Banganga and Bhawan. Prefernce is given to aged and handicap person for travelling in battery car.
- On reaching Bhawan one has to get the group no for darshans after showing the Yatra Parchi. It usally takes 2-3 hours to have a Darshan after reaching bhawan depending upon the rush.
- Bathing facilities are available at Bhawan. Rooms are also available at Bhawan which can be booked online on Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine board website, but the availabilty of rooms are limited.
- Most of the people visit Bhairon Mandir after Vaishnodevi Darshan. Bhairon Mandir is approx. 1.5 Kms from Bhawan. You can trek back from bhairon mandir or from bhawan itself also.
Pl verify the facts given above. Comments are welcome. If you have any question, you can raise it in comments section, which will be replied.